"Go to Your Studio and Make Stuff" Fred Babb

Sunday, June 25, 2017

More Mail Art


I recently participated in an art swap with Black and White as the theme.  The colored pencil postcard on the left depicts a member of the Sing-sing tribe in Papua New Guinea.  They're the ones that paint white skeletons on themselves and are so striking!  The other card didn't turn out quite as I had hoped, but it's an example of a tattoo that the Maori of New Zealand use.  (I like to incorporate tribal things into my art on a regular basis.)



A new art friend requested a Found Poetry postcard to add to his collection.  I think he is planning a blog with them.  (I'll have to check on that.)  These are a lot of fun to do.  Acrylic and ink.



Adding some colored penciled flowers to a plain envelope to send out in a swap.  Can't waste an opportunity to add mail art! ☮

No comments: