"Go to Your Studio and Make Stuff" Fred Babb

Sunday, June 11, 2017

Intuitive Art


Lately, I've been working on some intuitive type art.  One aspect of this type of painting is to just create without worrying about the outcome.  Part of me thinks "Isn't all art intuitive?"  - well, there are great sites out there to read more about it and which can explain it far better than I.  I have found it to be extremely freeing and FUN!


This is part of a larger piece I've titled Worry Warrior.  I had no idea where it was going when I started and that's such an odd feeling.  It was hard at first to just relax and do "whatever".  But the more I do, of course, the easier it gets :)


Okay, this one is a little odd - I decided to include some of my dreams as a starting point.  I had dreamed of red salvias and a man with a large nostril.  Oh, and a tornado.  Yup - no clue where it was going after that.  Don't care :)  it was fun, enlightening and has gotten me out of a rut.  I think I'll just keep doing them and see where it leads...

All are mixed media.

No comments: