"Go to Your Studio and Make Stuff" Fred Babb

Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Art Journal Pages


Well, I finally cleaned and organized my workspace, so I feel more like painting in my studio now.  It's still in a bit of disarray, so I won't be showing it to you - Ha!  But, it's much better than it was. 

Here, I've done a quick journal page in acrylics and markers and it's about Bugs.  Because here in Florida, we have BUGS!  And I find their markings to be beautiful. 


This journal page came about because I was wearing my favorite blue earrings and well, I was thinking about them and I just started painting.  I don't wear orange though.  I just liked the contrast of the turquoise against the orange.  I do have darker hair now that I've let the blonde grow out.  And yes, I do have that white 'skunk' streak down the front.  This was done in acrylics with a jellyroll white pen.


Hmmmm - pastels feel like big thick crayons in my hands.  Even those slender stick ones feel awkward to me.  So, I've decided to try them once again.  I'm just loosely sketching with them and added a little water to my brush to blend them together. (These are not oil pastels)  I've found that I like them better using the water to blend with, but think I need a lot more practice before I can say I'm liking them.  I do think the oil pastels feel better, so will have to get them out next.  This is in my bigger repurposed book journal.  


The other day I met up with a new art friend and made some teabags to take over to her.  I buy loose-leaf teas and was looking for a way to take some samples over.  I found this tutorial on All Hans-on blog www.allhans-on.blogspot.com that is an excellent DIY with easy to follow photos.  I couldn't get it to link to the right page, but if you go to March and scroll down to the fourth post, there it is.  

I made these from a cone-shaped coffee filter.  They fold sort of like origami, so it was a lot of fun.  Next time I won't make them so tall!  I used some of my handmade paper to make a tag.

Love, Light and Peace ☮


No comments: