"Go to Your Studio and Make Stuff" Fred Babb

Friday, March 27, 2015

Dreamcatcher


I like to do nature crafts - every once in awhile.  Which I do consider art.  Here I've made a Dreamcatcher from stuff around the yard and some items from my art studio.

I used sticks from the ficus hedge out back and settled on a triangular shape, since I couldn't find any bendy sort of sticks to form into a circle.

I haven't woven anything since summer camp, many moons ago, so I'm not surprised my weave was a bit loose.  But I've learned now to keep it tight as I wind around making the web pattern.

Also used some feathers that my brother found in the woods for me, a beautiful pink shell I found on the beach with a hole already in it for hanging.  And then just some leather strips, burlap, some tie dye fabric and some fringe from an old hammock.  

I didn't really think about it, I just threw together whatever I had around that looked like it'd work.  And yes, I'm part Hippie, haha!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love this!

Unknown said...

Thanks so much Elizabeth! It was fun to nature craft something again.